Family Assistance Programme (FAP) Centre, Erbil
Since February 2017, IOM manages a Family Assistance Program (FAP) service center in Erbil, in Iraq’s Kurdistan Region, in partnership with the German Consulate General in Erbil, to offer a wide range of support services to both Syrian and Iraqi families applying for a German family reunion (FR) visa. IOM and the German Federal Foreign Office have jointly established the FAP to facilitate the orderly and safe reunification of Syrian and Iraqi families in Germany. IOM also operates FAP centres in Turkey (Istanbul and Gaziantep) and Lebanon (Chtoura and Beirut).
The overall objectives of the FAP are:
- To dissuade families from seeking unsafe & irregular means to reach Germany;
- To protect families from misinformation and exploitation by unscrupulous visa brokers and smugglers;
- To empower families with Arabic and Kurdish language information and visa-related support services;
- To facilitate more efficient visa processing, thereby reuniting families sooner;
- To better prepare families for arrival and integration into German society.
The centre in Erbil was officially opened on 28 February 2017, see the press release:
All services are completely free of charge.
If you are eligible for a family reunification visa to German, please contact the FAP centre in Erbil.
Contact details FAP Centre Erbil:
Address: Italian Village 1, Villa no. B4 & B5 (Behind Pizza Hut)
Phone: +964 66 211 1500
For more information about the FAP, please click:
For more information on required documents to process the FR visa, please click: